- About Virtually Olivia -

Welcome to the chronicle of places I go, and events I attend in my Second Life travels. I post lots of photos and landmarks to get to stops I recommend. Most of this blog - but not all - is dedicated to educational builds or places pertaining to education. I am an ardent Second Life traveler, and this blog reflects that. Olivia Hotshot. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

14 September 2010

Avatar Design Using Mesh in Second Life

Read about mesh on the Linden blog:
http://blogs.secondlife.com/community/features/blog/2010/09/14/next-steps-for-mesh-import

Mesh: "allows content created in the mainstream 3D creation tools, such as Maya or Blender, to be imported directly into Second Life, in much the same way that animations and textures can be uploaded today. SL plans to provide support for the Collada file format."

Personally, i believe this is going to change the look and feel of Second Life. Also, importance of art and artistic abilities and artists and visions will be ever more critical in builds and other 3d creations.

I think that's a good thing.