- About Virtually Olivia -

Welcome to the chronicle of places I go, and events I attend in my Second Life travels. I post lots of photos and landmarks to get to stops I recommend. Most of this blog - but not all - is dedicated to educational builds or places pertaining to education. I am an ardent Second Life traveler, and this blog reflects that. Olivia Hotshot. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

29 March 2010

Virtual World Research Articles & Books

These come straight from my buddies on the Virtual Worlds Education Roundtable planning committee:

From Iggy

Books:

Begost, Ian. Persuasive Games. MIT Press, 2007
Gee, JP. What Video Games Teach Us about Learning & Literacy. Palgrave
MacMillan, 2003.

Journals:

Game Studies http://gamestudies.org
Games & Culture http://gac.sagepub.com


From Viv

Gaming Lives in the Twenty-First Century, Selfe and Hawisher, Palgrave McMillan 2007;
Digital Culture, Play and Identity, Corneliussen and Rettberg, ed, MIT Press 2008 (this is mostly WOW) ;
Good Video Games + Good Learning, James Paul Gee ed, Peter Lang Publishing, 2007